Hello Mountain Goats!
The sap is boiling in our sugarhouse while I take a moment away to write this, which means spring is coming!
Registration is open and it’s been fun to see lots of familiar and new names rolling in on the list of registered runners. Sleepy Hollow Mtn Race, Sunday, May 7th, noon start. Spread the word!
We also want to invite you to put your creative minds into action. Liz and I were discussing possibilities for a new race logo and decided it would be fun to involve racers in a LOGO DESIGN CONTEST!
A little history: Our original logo was the brainchild of Paul Kirsch, USATF-NE MUT Chairperson extraordinaire. Paul came across an event called the Rural Olympics including an category dubbed “Feats of Strength by Ruralites”. He took this tagline, photoshopped it under a goat that bears a striking resemblance to the Loon Mtn Race goat, sent it our way and our logo was born (circa 2012).
While it’s a pretty cool logo, change is good too. Our race has taken on some real personality over the years and it would be awesome to have a logo that reflects what we’re all about.
If we select your design, we will award you with a GRAND PRIZE:
- Free race entry (for you or a friend)
- Gallon of Running Saps Maple Syrup
- A collector’s edition item of apparel printed with your logo
- Everlasting claim to fame!
Submission deadline: Monday, April 3rd, end of day
- .jpg preferred, but back of the napkin sketches accepted
- Write Logo Contest in the email subject line
- Send entries to Kasie & Liz at email@example.com post on our Facebook page
Kasie Enman & Liz Hollenbach, Sleepy Hollow Mtn Race Directors