First of all, we hope that you are staying healthy and getting out for some fresh air in this uncertain time. If your internet feed is anything like ours right now, the last thing you need is another notice as you have far more important things to focus on, but we do want to communicate this update in our race status: In light of the current CDC recommendations, it is clear that we will not be able to hold our race as originally scheduled on April 26th. We have decided to postpone the Sleepy Hollow Mtn Race until November 15, 2020.
For planners who like to know that there is a system in place, read on. For those of you feeling overwhelmed or unsure, you can ignore the rest of this post for now. We will send out all important information multiple times over the summer and fall. We don’t need a decision from you now.
The plan going forward:
- If you are registered and still able to race on the rescheduled date, Nov 15, 2020, good news! You don’t need to do anything.
- If the new race date, Nov 15, 2020 conflicts with another event in your life or you are otherwise unable to race, we are sorry. You may withdraw.
- Registered racers have until October 1st to withdraw. You may either request a refund or opt for your entry dollars to become a donation to Feeding Chittenden.
- If or when you know that you need to withdraw, please use this Sleepy Hollow Mtn Race Withdrawal Form to communicate how you would like to proceed.
- In case any of your mountain running friends weren’t on the original reg list and want in on the fun, you can let them know that we do plan to open up a limited amount of spots after the completion of the withdrawal period.
- Unsure if you’re currently registered or can’t remember if you withdrew or not? Check the “Who is registered” list here. We will update this weekly as changes come in.
Please take your time to consider whether you plan to race or not. Again, we don’t need answers now. We’ll send this info again over the summer and fall. In the meantime, take care.